Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders are a family favorite! Seasoned skinless, boneless chicken tenders wrapped in center cut bacon, and smothered in sugar-free BBQ sauce-making them lower in sugar and more healthier!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME30 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME5 minutes
TOTAL TIME45 minutes
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken tenders or chicken breasts sliced into 12 strips
- 12 center cut bacon or turkey bacon slices- I use Oscar Mayer center cut bacon
- 2 tsp light brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 3 Tbsp sugar free BBQ sauce-I love Baby Rays sugar free BBQ sauce or G Huges
- Green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil that has been lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray and set aside. (I like to cook the tenders on a wire rack on top of the baking sheet and spray the wire rack with non stick cooking spray-but if you don’t have one-don’t stress-you can just lay the tenders on the lightly coated foil.)
- In a small bowl mix light brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, seasoned salt. Mix until well combined.
- Place the chicken breast tenders into a shallow plate or bowl. Lightly coat chicken tenders with seasoning mixture.
- Wrap one a piece of bacon around each chicken tender and secure it with a toothpick, if needed.
- Place wrapped chicken tenders, seam down onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cook for about 22-25 minutes remove from oven.
- Using a basting brush, brush each chicken tender with sugar free BBQ sauce.
- Place bacon wrapped chicken tenders back in the oven for another 5 minutes and an additional 2 minutes for broiling or until the bacon is a nice golden brown.
SERVINGS: MAKES 12 TENDERS
GREEN: 1 SMARTPOINTS FOR 1 TENDER OR 3 SMARTPOINTS FOR 2 TENDERS
BLUE/PURPLE: 1 SMARTPOINT PER TENDER
1-2 PersonalPoints™ per tender*
- Store leftovers in a airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat in air fryer or microwave.