Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1 pound center cut slices of bacon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of old bay seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoonred pepper flakes, optional
- Brush your bacon strips with honey. This will help them carmelize in the air fryer and add a slightly sweet flavor.
- Place your bacon in your air fryer basket. Cook it at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Toss the bacon slices a few times to keep them moving. You will slightly precook it so when you wrap it around your scallop it will fully cook since it takes longer for the bacon than the scallop to cook. It is okay to overlap your bacon. You are not looking to get it crisp at this point, just slightly cooked.
- Pat your scallops with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap your scallops with ½-1 slice of bacon. I was able to wrap most of my scallops with a whole slice of bacon but may have to trim the bottom of the bacon depending on how the scallop is shaped.
- Hold the bacon in place with a toothpick.
- Melt your butter and incorporate the old bay seasoning. Brush the butter mixture over your scallops.
- Cook your scallops at 350 for 11-13 minutes. You do not want to overcook your scallops. The bacon should be crispy and the scallops should be firm but slightly bounce back when you touch it. Optional: sprinkle red pepper flakes over top of them.