- 2 baked russet potatoes, halved
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheese, plus more for topping
- ⅓ cup bacon bits, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, plus extra for topping
- Preheat the air fryer to 365 degrees F / 185 degrees C (Air fry mode).
- Cut the baked potato in half lengthwise. See how to bake the potato in the notes below.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the inside of each potato half, leaving a ¼-inch of potato attached to the skin,
- Put the scooped out potato in a medium bowl.
- Add the sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon, salt, pepper, and parsley to the bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Using a spoon, scoop some of the potato mixture into each potato skin evenly.
- Place in the air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes, then top with a sprinkling of cheese and bacon, and return to the air fryer and cook for 2 minutes more, so the cheese is fully melted.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer top with a sprinkle of parsley
- Sprinkle with more bacon if desired and top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired
For this recipe, it is best to use baked potatoes.
The easiest and quickest way is to cook the potatoes in the microwave for 5-10 minutes, depending on how many potatoes you have, the size of the potatoes and how powerful is your microwave.
To make an Air fryer baked potato:
Using a fork, poke holes into the potatoes all over the skin.
Rub the outside of the potatoes with oil, then sprinkle with salt & pepper to season.
Place the potatoes into your air fryer basket/tray.
Airfry mode at 390F for 35-40 minutes. Flipping halfway.
Let them cool and proceed with air fryer twice baked potato.