Crispy Air Fryer Pork Belly
How to cook crispy pork belly in an air fryer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main dish
- 1½ lb/ 700g pork belly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of kosher/flaked salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Score the rind of the pork belly with a sharp knife. Ensure you only cut through into the fat, not into the meat.
- Rub 1 teaspoon of salt into the skin, ensuring it goes into the scores. Set aside for ten minutes. Then blot the moisture from the surface of the pork belly using paper towels.
- Preheat air fryer to 320°F (160°C).
- Drizzle the pork belly with oil and rub in, flip the pork belly skin side down and season with the remaining salt, and the pepper.
- Place the pork belly skin side up on a large piece of kitchen foil, and wrap the sides of the foil up to enclose the meat. Leave the skin uncovered. Make sure the corners are folded tightly together so it does not leave during cooking.
- Place pork belly in the air fryer basket, and air fry at 320°F/160°C for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, turn the temperature up to 390°F/ 195°C, and air fry pork belly for an additional 10 minutes. Check it after 5 minutes to see whether the crackling is done to your liking and prevent burning. [Note 1]
- Remove from the air fryer and leave to rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb.
- Once rested, remove from the foil, then use a sharp knife to slice the pork belly (skin-side down) on a cutting board.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Air frying times are an estimate only. The target internal temperature of the pork is 195°F / 90°C. Pork needs to be at least 145°F/ 65°C for safe consumption. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.